Similar to real glass neon, LED neon is used to make illuminated signs with a high level of detail. Although LED neon doesn't have the same "gritty" look as real neon, there are inherent benefits using LED - particularly for commercial and events use.
Some of the benefits of LED Neon include:
- Low voltage power consumption (12V DC) → better for the environment
- Greater durability → Minimal risk of damage during transportation and installation
- Lighter and more compact packaging → cheaper shipping costs
- Quicker production turnaround → typically 2-3 weeks from confirmed order to delivery
- Includes remote control → Allows customer to control power and dimming
- Cleaner look → No connecting black tubing, wires or transformers on the sign, allowing the design to shine without sacrificing the design
- Larger number of colours → more design options
- Lower costs!
LED Tubing - Our LED signs are made from a material called LED Neon Flex. The raw material consists of a flexible circuit board with tiny LED chips spaced every few centimetres. It is then enclosed in a silicone jacket which acts as a diffuser - producing an even and uniform light that closely resembles real neon. The finished product comes on a roll and is cut to the desired length based on the artwork.
We use the latest in LED Neon Flex technology, which allows for sharper edges and smaller cutting thresholds (previously the minimum cutting size was 15cm, however we can now cut pieces as small as 2.5cm!).
Colour Options - LED Neon flex comes in 21 vibrant colours - almost twice as much as available with traditional neon - including 10 options with a coloured tube, yielding a deeper colour when turned on